Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thursday Nov 18

We had another Fabulous day today. Selah continues to deal extremely well and surprises us everyday with how smart she is. She is learning so quickly and is already trying out her Mad english skills. Some of her favorite things are Mama Potty, Up Daddy, Where your daddy, Addi, Sissy, Selah. I am sure there is more but those are the most frequently used. We took another long walk to day and she sings the entire time in her stroller. I wish I knew what she was singing, it is super sute!

She continues to eat like a champ and they only "issue" I have seen with her eating is that she liked to fill her mouth completely full. We are teaching her to slow down and she already is, and She actually left food on her plate yesterday, which is a good sign!! She ate lasgna for lunch and Potatoes and pasta for dinner.

She is taking a 2 hour nap a day and sleeping anywhere from 10 1/2 hours to 12 hours! I hope she stays that way!!! I have noticed that she tires easy, hoping it is just from her Anemia and not something else.

Her passport is done and finally in Almaty. We had some MAJOR drama here about it. They called us at 6 pm and said it was done and getting ready to get on the courier from Astana (which is about 300 miles away). Then about an hour later they called and said that the courier refused to take it because it is not " in theri policy anymore, as of today"! What???? just like that?? Nothing surprises me. So we were told it would not make it until Saturday which would put us leaving Tuesday. I love this country but I am READY to go home now! About an hour later they called and said that someone helped us out and that is was on its way via airplane. Yippee, Thanks for the prayers!!!

So I guess just one more day in the land of Kaz. I will miss it and will continue to be changed from this place but I am ready to get out Selah home and start our life together!

Goodnight from Kaz!!
Love you all.

For those of you that want to know, we arrive home into Springfield at 6:40pm Saturday, November 20.

3 comments:

  1. She is just adorable! I am so happy that all is going well and you will get her home soon.
    Enjoy the rest of the trip!
    Kari

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so wonderful to hear how it is going with Selah. Maybe she is just tired from all the attention and over stimulation? Great that she is a good eater, it takes time to slow down and take smaller bites, we still work on this with Nicholas but of course he is so much better now.
    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is just an absolute doll!! I love her precious smile:O) I'm so excited that you got her passport and that you will be leaving soon. Have a great flight home and I can't wait to see family reunion pictures!
    Lots of love,
    jenn

    ReplyDelete