Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Day 4

Jetlag is still affecting us but not too bad. We just go to bed early and get up early. We were up this morning at 4:30 am wide awake. We get picked up at 8:30 every morning then head to the bakery for a fresh pastry. We have the nicest driver! He speaks a little english so we communicate some. Better than a quiet drive where no one talks.

When we got to the BH, Selah ran to meet us. I know she is loved here but I am glad she doesn't have to stay like some of these children will. She has one woman that is her God mother and everytime that lady walks in she runs as fast as she can to give her a hug! I am so grateful to know that she can attach to someone and happy that this lady loves her so much. She has been in this orphanage since she was a "very tiny baby" one of the cargivers said today, And no one has taken her because she has had "many ill's". She said you will be good "mama and papa!". We will get her home and fix her up!

They LOVE to see the pictures of Haven! Everyone of them remembers her. I hope to always keep in contact with their BH so they can see how they have thrived!!!

They told us we could bring her food so everyday I have brought something different. Today I brought yogurt. It has to be the most sad thing I have seen in a long time. Her bites are Huge and she eats so fast. If we ate that fast we would be sick. Even Brad commented that it was the saddest thing he had seen in a long time. I can already tell we will have food issues until she realizes she can have all she wants. She doesn't seem to be too picky about anything which is good since their diet is so bland.

She was kind of quiet this morning, I don't think she feels very good. We played in the toy room for awhile and then went outside. She is super smart and knows how everything works and what sound everything makes. She also talked to us more today than she had yet. All day she jabbered. When we took her downstairs our driver was talking to her. He asked her how old she was in Kazakh, she told him. Then he asked her what she did to her nose (she had a scratch) in Russian, she told him. He told us she speaks both russian and kazakh. Amazing what their little minds can learn.

She reached for Brad a few times today just to be picked up! She also laid down on my shoulder and let me rub her back, more than one time!!!!!

She was almost taunting the kids about her mommy and daddy and if they got near she would swing her hands at them! I am sure in a few months that will not be funny!

We found out today that at age 4 they go to the CH now. So the oldest child here is 4 with the exception of a 6 year old boy that is being adopted and a 7 year old girl with special needs. The CH is the bad place where there are no witnesses. I am thanking God that he showed us the way to her or very soon she would have been sent there.

Please continue to pray for her and our process. We are not even close to the end of our process and things in Kaz don't look good. I can't imagine not being able to bring her home!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

10 comments:

  1. wow, she is so little!! But yeah, it sounds like her personality makes up for it, hahaha!! :)

    That breaks my heart to know they go to the CH at 4. :( SO SAD!! We will keep on praying that things work out so she comes home. You have great contacts Stacy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that makes me so sad to hear how fast she ate the food. She will learn that there is plenty and her sisters will be such huge teachers for her. She has the most wonderful family.
    Becki is beside herself that Mav is now her son...thank God and I know that Selah will be your daughter too. I JUST KNOW IT.
    Much love to you and sweet Selah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness she is so tiny in that little onesie! I like the picture where she is walking with dad. Almost like the beach, but not quite. :)Give her more hugs for me tomorrow, and could you bring her something good like candy or something. I would like to start spoiling her now! Linds

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an exciting time this must be for you! I'm thankful you have this time to be with her and get to know her personality more fully; she seems like a delight and I can hardly wait to meet her. Stacy, we want to see pics of her with mommy, too, and not just daddy. :) Prayers and hugs, Lenita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow 6-12 months! That is so sad but I have no doubt she will flourish once home wrapped in Segebarth Love (and candy).

    What is the God mother thing?

    ReplyDelete
  6. And, I love that you are up at 4:30! :-) Maybe that is selfish, hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is no other option. Selah will be coming home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how she is snuggling into you, and being asked to be held by Brad. That is so amazing and heart warming.

    ReplyDelete
  9. nina did exactly the same thing. it was like she was starving. emotionally it was a sickening low point for me to see my daughter so ravenously hungry. she only ate like that for just a few weeks thogh. we let her graze at home and she worked through it pretty quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor little sweetheart, I can only imagine how hungry she is. It took Alea quite a while to want to eat. I think she was just used to the small amount and didn't know what to do with more. We took care of that quickly, but their poor little bodies need so much.

    It sounds like Selah is just a few pounds lighter than Alea. I'm sure she'll fatten up once you get her home:O)

    I will continue praying that God makes a way and the road is smooth to bring her home.

    ReplyDelete