Friday, August 20, 2010

Today I kissed an angel!!!!

We have been waiting for this day for many many months! It finally arrived and with NO sleep we were whisked off to the BH to officially meet Selah. It was everything we had prayed about and more! She RAN into our arms. She loved her Daddy to pieces and was already telling the kids that "her mommy" gave her the toy she was carrying around. She blew us kisses and played high 5 with us. We also saw the extra spunky side. Something I am so glad about, knowing she is a survivor and will fight to come out on top. She is VERY tiny for her age but if she is anything like Haven she will catch up quick.

More than once I envisioned all of my girls together, playing, fighting, loving each other. It is almost enough to take my breathe away to picture all four of them together forever! She is everything we have dreamed about and more!! We only got 30 minutes with her today since we had to meet with the MOE, and let me tell you it was not enough . We can't wait to see her again tomorrow. We are not sure if our official bonding will start today or Monday. Hopefully it started today but if not I won't complain that we get 2 extra days with her in country. We have a good "timeline" if there is such a thing here. It is court 4-6 weeks after bonding then pick up trip 4-6 weeks after court. So if all goes as planned she should be home right before Christmas. I can't imagine anything else I would want more!!! I can not imagine how good God really is! We are blessed! I will download pictures later. Thanks for praying with us and for us.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

13 comments:

  1. I have tears, I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! We are so very thrilled for you!!!! Home by Christmas?! Oh Stacey, that would be so wonderful. Prayers continuing! Congratulations on this amazing day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a way to start my day, praising the lord and crying tears of joy for you both! Sounds perfect! I can just imagine her running into your arms. Can't wait to see pictures. Hope you are able to sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goosebumps!! I have the shivers and misty eyes just from reading this. I am so happy to hear that your first meeting was everything you hoped it would be. Love the spunk! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that she ran to you. She sounds like she is almost as excited as her mommy...almost.

    Congrats Stacy, I couldn't be happier for you and all the Segebarth's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Stacy this is beyond wonderful. I am so overcome with joy and so happy she ran to you and she is showing spunk. This is beautiful. What a magnificent xmas it will be!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great meeting! I'm so happy for you and Brad. Can't wait to see pictures of you all together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is awesome! I am so happy for you all. What a wonderful visit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO happy for you guys, and of course Selah!!! Sounds like she's happy her Mommy and Daddy finally made it to her!!! Shedding tears of joy for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am crying tears of joy reading this my friend. I agree, there will be no better Christmas gift then to have her home and all your girls together.
    Big hugs Stacy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a blessing Stace Face. She knows her Mommy is Ms. America.
    Love you!!!

    I went for a site inspection today for Kazapoolza 2011..and told Leeza what it was for. She asked...is Stacy here? TOO CUTE.
    love you and cant' wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am crying tears of joy for you and for what an awesome God we serve!!!!Prayers will continue, x-mas would be more than a miracle. I am so happy for Selah that she already is accepting you into her heart. Love you both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh MY :) I am so happy for you both!!! She is adorable and I see that she likes the bow!!! and her hair is growing so fast!!! praying for you.

    ReplyDelete