Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sunday

Zhenkov Cathedral~ Built in 1904. It was the ONLY building left standing in the whole city after a massive earthquake in 1911 that leveled Almaty.



So close to home yet so far away



Lunch!



Dinner



Horse drawn carriage in Panfilov park





This is our kitchen

Our dryer

Our office

Our dining room

Our patio


Our living room
Our bedroom

Post card perfect

Beautiful country

Statue

Brad's company is now called Pasha, how funny is that?

We had another fabulous Sunday. We went to church with an American family to another Russian speaking church. We had a national translate for us and after the service we broke up into small groups and prayed. It was so powerful to have a national Kazakh pray for us, our adoption and our family. We in turn prayed for her. She asked for wisdom and open doors in moving to another country to minister God's word. It was a great service!

After church we headed to the Mega mall and ate Pizza hut. It was really good and the closest thing to American pizza that we have had hear. It even had real pepperoni not the sausage stuff that most pizza resturants here serve. We walked around the mega center for a long time after lunch. You would not know it was not in America. Big beautiful mall. Brad and I have noticed that they are trying really hard to make Almaty nicer. Most building are being restored and refinished and there is alot of new construction going on everywhere. Completely different then when we were here in 2007.

We came home a rested awhile and then left for a big 4 mile walk (we think). Brad stopped on the street and paid a lady to use her scale for 10 tenge. That is about 7 cents. Almost every busy corner has a lady with a scale and a fruit stand. we walked up to noodles resturant, it was yummy. Brad is still under the weather so he is takingit easy on the food. He had a terrible stomach bug yesterday along with his cold. I HOPE I don't get it. We only have 8 days left with our baby girl and I'll be darned if I don't make the most of it.

I am really missing my girls at home! It is starting to wear on me but I am focused on what is ahead of me now and have only broken down once. I know they have so many people at home that are loving on them so it makes it easier. I will be a mess when we get on that plane in days. A total mess, I just know it. I break down everytime I watched the video of sweet Selah bobbing her head to the music. Will she be mad at us for leaving, will she remember us, will she be traumatized. I am praying really hard that it doesn't phase her and that she just thinks we are some nice people playing with her for a little while. I have the rest of her life for her to know that I am her momma. Right now it is better off left unsaid.

Please pray for her tender heart, we understand what is happening, she does not. Please pray for a quick court date, I know I ask for that everyday but that is what determines when she will be home. The rest of our lives in riding on that one day where the judge has the chance to change the rest of her life. Thanks my great friends. We love the comments and the support and the prayers. We Love you all!!

7 comments:

  1. So I think the fact that Brad's company is called Pasha is hysterical for other reasons, i am sure you can figure that out, LOLOL!

    Remember when we had Noah and Addison stand in front of that statue with ice cream in hands watching the little boys swimming in it!?!?!

    Praying for you all, always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missing your at-home girls...Haven was a jewel in Church when they sang 4 songs (youth Sunday). She was putting her heart into it and doing the actions. God is keeping all of your girls in good hands when you must be away from any of them. I've been reminded many times this year that no matter the distance of separation, God is still the ONE taking care of them in EVERY situation and He can do a MUCH BETTER job than I can. :) Hugs and prayers, Lenita

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love reading about your adventures. Your pictures are delightful. I watched Haven also this a.m. in church. She is always such a character!! We're praying and thinking of you everyday and are so grateful we know two such special people. Dallas and Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree - wonderful photos! And the apartment looks quite manageable (minus the internet being out). Glad you had a restful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the photo's. and i know you miss the girls, but they're in such great hands, and Selah is sure the benefactor in having you there. She is soooo precious and coming so alive since you've arrived. It's precious to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this post just made me cry. Your heart has been in two different countries for so long, but soon, very soon, while a piece of your heart will still be in Kaz, all of your daughters will be in one country with their mom and dad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I was last in Almaty in September 2009,the Pizza Hut near Republic Square was just a few months old. We ended up eating there several times just for the comfort of something familiar. Although, I actually thought the pizza was far better than Pizza Hut in the U.S. The Mega Centre is quite nice. It is close to where we stayed during our adoption trip in 2001.

    ReplyDelete