Tuesday, August 24, 2010

On this day....

4 years ago my sweet Haven Marie was found laying underneath a tree at the hospital in a village outside of Almaty. It is so surreal to be here on the exact day she was found, driving through that exact village on the way to see her new sister. My heart skipped a beat and the tears welled in my eyes when we passed that spot this morning. I stopped and thanked God that her birth mother chose life and whoever left her placed her in a place where she would be safe until she was found. I wish I could hold her close today and tell her how thankful I am that God chose me to be her mom! I will be forever grateful to the people who took care of her until she was ours.
First off we got to spend time with a sweet handsome little boy! His mom and dad have been fighting for many months to bring him home and miss him terribly! We played with him and got some pictures to send his mommy so she knows he is okay. It tears my heart completely out of my chest knowing that he has to spend one more day in that BH!
We had another awesome day with sweet Selah. Let me tell you she is soo sweet. She has the tiniest voice ever. We got there and there was a group of americans that were visiting the kids. They are from the international woman's club and they come once a month. It was so nice to see they are loving on the kids, Babies and all! She wanted to stay with the group so we played with all of the kids. (Which has to be the hardest thing for me). Most of you know that we started this process for another girl and while God had other plans for us and Selah. It doesn't make it easier to see her! I don't think we have the wrong child nor do I believe that Balnur is mine but just knowing she will be here forever because some paperwork problem that nobody can fix, completely overwhelms me when I see her. I hold my Selah a little tighter as the tears well up in my eyes for little Balnur.

Finally she was ready to go by with just us. We took her to a picnic table and played with the aquadoodle. She loved it! Whoever invented that is a genious! Then she listened to some tunes on the ipod (another favorite) and ate her Samsa that we brought. The kid can eat and I think she grow in no time. Brad and I both think she will just be petite. Small bone structure and all. I mean come on her feet are a size 3. She let me rock her laying down as I sang rock a bye baby to her for about 10 minutes. She was so comfortable and content. It took Haven months to be that comfortable with me! After I was done rocking her, she pointed to brad that was about 20 foot away and said daddy and got down and ran to him. she snuggled up on his lap to finish her food.

Close to the end I changed her back into her clothes and after I was done she got down and said "paka" and started to walk away. I was so sad that she already knew when I changed her she had to go back! I love the bonding time for her to get to know us but I am ready to bring her home.....

It is beautiful today! Absolutely perfect! The only thing missing is the rest of our family! God really is so good!!!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

4 comments:

  1. From the way Brad's handling that stroller, it looks to me like you can bring several more home with you. :) Thanks for sharing so strongly from your heart, Stacy! I can't wait to give Haven your hug this morning at Bright Beginnings. :) While it seems like forever, soon your girls will all be hugging each other on a daily basis!!! Prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you both!!! This is such a amazing thing you are doing not only for Selah but for all those kids... Give kisses for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacy, its so amazing that she is so open to being rocked and loved like that. I couldn't hold Leeza in that rocking position for many many months, and she was so much younger. It just goes to prove that Selah was meant to be yours. I can't wait to watch her thrive. How surreal to be there the day Haven was found. It's remarkable how these amazing children were brought into our lives.
    Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacy I can't imagine the tug at your heart when it comes to Bulnar. She brought you to Sehlah and now has people praying for her, so as heartbreaking as it has to be and it is, you entered her life for a reason. I believe that brief encounter will positively effect her life in no small way in the years to come. You are her angel, even though you weren't able to become her mother.

    God bless Haven, Bulnar, Selaha and all the children blessed over and over because of you. We all know you have been the one blessed over and over because of each of them. Love you my friend!

    ReplyDelete