Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Groundhog day....

Groundhog day has officially set in! We are on week 2 or doing the same thing everyday. Day in day out same thing! I'm not complaining, I can't imagine anything I would rather be doing, other than have my whole family together here or wait there! LOLOL.

We are still internetless so I have resorted back to the phone. At least I have that.

First, yesterday was a good day. Our visit with selah was fabulous. She finally finally loves the swing. I have the sweetest video of her belly laughing that I will post when our internet gets back up. She is full of energy and laughs. She loves kisses and to hold our hands. She also has a BIG mind of her own too! Whew I'm gonna be in trouble at home with 2 strong headed ones. ;)) Again not complaining! Love it!! After our visit yesterday our driver took us to Ayman's and she made us fried potatoes, borsht and cucumber and tomatoe salad. It was soo yummy. Her and her husband yarik also gave me my birthday present (early). It is a tea set from uzbekistan. It is hand painted and designed with a needle. It is so beautiful! I LOVE it! I will display it with pride in my Kazakhstan cabinet. Which btw if you haven't seen, is upstairs in my house with everything I have bought from here!!

Today our day with Selah started with a sing and dance program for something called "first bell". It is a program they put on because it is the first day of school in Kaz tomorrow. It was super cute. All of the kids were dressed up and dancing and they all got a folder with some crayons and coloring books.
After that was over we went to the visitation room for about an hour. We played with jewelry, cars, toy trucks and blocks. She loves to play but is not a very good sharer. Haha.
We went outside and went for a big walk, where she walked the whole time. She ususally wants to be picked up at least 2 or 3 times. She had a long stick that she walked with the whole time. She hit stuff with it, picked up other sticks with it, and she poked things with it. She was a little quiet when we dropped her off. Not sad just quiet! I hate it!!!!!! I want to explain to her so bad that we are coming back!!
This week is busy for us so I'm sure it will fly by. We are doing the water filtration systems at the BH for Two Hearts that Kazapalooza raised money for this year! We are also going to Zhanyua on Thursday or Friday to see the kids and show Brad the playground that Two hearts built in May. I'm not looking forward to leaving but I am READY to see my girls at home.....
Pictures later I hope our internet is fixed when we get home. Not holding my breathe on that one. Kazakhs run on their own time schedule!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

4 comments:

  1. She is adorable as always, love the two Pigtails with bows! :) Sounds like you will have a wonderful & busy week. I'm super excited that the BH will be getting the filtration, that will be so awesome for those kids! And of course knowing you are going to Zhanyua makes me very happy, wish I could be there for that. :) Tell the kiddos hi for me.

    Any could Ayman be any sweeter?! I think not!:) Praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I can't wait to see pics from Zhanyua. Tell them all hello frm us. :)

    Little miss Selah is sooo cute. It will be hard on both of you when you have to leave but she really seems like a resilient child and will bounce back stronger than ever once you come back to take her home.

    How exciting that you are putting in the water filtration system. I am so excited about that.

    Tell Ayman hello too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool you get to show Brad our totally kick ass playground!! and REALLY cool you are there to see the water filtration system get put in. It must be very gratifying to you to see all this that thanks to YOU AND KIM it's there. Very cool indeed.

    I LOVED the video of her laughing on the swing. gosh she is so sweet. Loved her dress for the "First Bell" show. I cannot wait to see at home with bows bigger than her head.
    and since she is so tiny, I will save Leeza's VERY SPECIAL outfits for Selah to have when she outgrows them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Selah is just adorable...her eyes are captivating. Her eyes will always tell a story:o) Thank you for keeping us involved in your journey. We are blessed. Praying for you always. Love you guys

    ReplyDelete