Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hard Day.....

Today we headed out for the BH with our coordinator and her driver, No more Marat (aka crazy driver). We had some official papers to sign and she always handles her own clients official papers. She even translates her own paperwork. It is so nice to know it is being done properly. I feel like we are in VERY VERY good hands. That is not saying she can control everything but she knows people everywhere. So pray that our paperwork is clean and that it passes through court with flying colors. She told us she anticipates us being home with her sometime in November, remember this is Just an estimate, but we are loving it!! I will not let myself get my hopes up but what a Christmas present that would be!!

When we arrived at the BH we met with the Chief doctor to go over Selah's papers. They had already been translated for us and this is where the hard day begins. First her medical report, not too bad, we don't care if she had one arm, she's ours 100%. Our coordinator does have a doctor coming in on Friday to check her legs. She always does a full report on their medical information from a doctor outside of the BH to have back up in court. Our coordinator believes she has something wrong with her legs or ankles. We have seen it but like I said it doesn't matter, but it will be nice to have back up for court. Next we saw every letter written by the Kazakh people that have declined her for different reasons. Here is where I started to lose it. I am happy they declined her and I know God had a plan for her BUT it still hurts to see it for your own baby. Next was the finding report, tears were rolling down my face by this time. I just can't take it. I was holding her when I was reading this and I looked down at her and she smiled with her nose all crinkled up and I lost it. I can't imagine having to give up your baby "because you can't take care of her". I know God made her for us, I know that with all of my heart but why does it have to be so hard.... I thought of her Birthmother and how she felt on that lonely day handing over her baby. On Friday they will take us to where she was found. I am sure I will stand there in awe while I cry, just as I did when they took us to see where Haven was found. There were more official papers but those are the main ones that will be imprinted in my hearts forever!

Enough emotional stuff for now, I just had to write it and get in on paper and out of my heart! She was the most precious ever today. My heart must have melter 400 times. Brad is smitten and loves this little girl with all of his heart! We played inside most of the day since we had to do all of this paperwork stuff. She told us that Almas gave her a booboo she had so Brad told her to smack him. It was funny at the time but next thing we know Almas comes around the corner and she hit him. Holy Moly, she is one smart cookie. I hope she doesn't get in trouble when we aren't here because she hit him. I have it on video again her yelling at the kids to stay away from her Daddy I think she is saying, hitting the floor when they get near and then she hits Almas. Let me just tell you we are in t-r-o-u-b-l-e. :)) She belly laughed more today than she ever has. I held her close and she snuggled in more than once. She leaned in to kiss me and Brad more times today than ever without us even asking. Ohhh please Lord help my heart, we leave next Wednesay.....

Brad and I took an 8 mile walk today. We met with an fellow adoptive mother that also does work here in Kaz. It was nice to meet her and put a face with the name. On the way home we got stuck in a thunder storm!! I hate being out in the rain let alone rain, lightening and thunder. One good thing that happened is that a Russian lady handed me a bouquet of flowers and said you are nice, have these! Ahhh but we made it home and now we are getting ready to watch a movie. I am so happy I get to spend my birthday with my little one but so miss my other girls. If any of you see them please give them a kiss from me. Goodnight from Kaz.

6 comments:

  1. Hey - keep your daughter off of Almas! Hahahahaha! That boy is so sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, the video made me smile, nothing like protecting what's hers?! :) And Almas is such a doll, his smile melts my heart. That had to be so hard to read, I can't imagine what her birthmom went through, oh man. What a precious little girl you have!

    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday dear friend:o) She is so made for your family with all her sassy self it is amazing:o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow,big trouble no she just loves her mommy and daddy!! love you all!happy birthday stacy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy birthday mama! what a gift this year will bring ... has already brought. I have much to catch up on ...
    You are so present on FB, I thought maybe you didn't really leave on the 18th ... Aha! you are great in the Top Secret department. You confused me who knew you were leaving!
    Best to you, dear friend!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heartbreaking indeed, but watching her blossom in your love sets it straight how it was meant to be. LOVE YOU.

    ReplyDelete