Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The sun will come out tomorrow..

I know it will, I know it will.

Today was a good day. We celebrated Selah's birthday today with her group. She was very distant today almost like she knew we were leaving. Maybe God is answering our prayers to guard her heart. She wouldn't let me or Brad hold her and she didn't care that we were playing with the other kids, she didn't care. Toward the end She let Brad push her on the swing and laughed from the bottom of her belly. Saying goodbye was rough (on me) but she did let me hold her while we said goodbye. I cried big crocodile tears and she laid her head down on my shoulders. Brad said goodbye, he is ready to go home so we can come back to get her. We saw the BH doctor on the way in to take her back to the group, I started crying again. She told Selah that Momma and Papa had to go away for a little bit and that we will be back soon to get her. I handled it better than I thought I would. It is very hard to watch your daughter walk down the hall to her group and know that you will not tucking her in for a few more months.

We are hoping and praying that our paperwork is submitted to court soon. we will keep you updated on everything that happens. Thanks you all for your comments (we LOVED them-they kept us going) and your support and prayers.

We are ready to be her Mom and Dad and love her like she has never been loved before! Soon and very soon! We are headed out early and are ready to see our girls back home!!

See you on the other side!

12 comments:

  1. I think she did know you were leaving. Sigh. But once again I marvel at how much she changed during your trip...she transformed and I can picture her at home with her sisters. This part must be torture....hang in there. She will be home soon. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me so teary. Praying hard you get the call saying, "Turn around, come back!" If not immediately, then very, very soon at least. My heart is cracking for all of you. Can't wait till you have all your baby girls in your arms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly how you feel. Leaving Hannah was the hardest thing that I've ever had to do. Hopefully the time will pass very quickly and she will be home where she belongs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm crying with you...it makes me sad that this is the way the system works. But, there is a silver lining, you get to see your other girls soon!! I'm praying that you get back soon and that court date is easy as pie.

    I have to say, looking at the pictures today of Selah, she looks like she has put on a little bit of chub since her mommy and daddy have been feeding her every day. Her arms just looked a bit more round:O) Can't wait till the day you get her home forever and I get to see her thriving!!

    Safe travels!
    jenn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remembering how hard it was to release part of my family when they moved overseas, I have been praying for you a LOT! You will have good moments and bad, but remember that we are praying and God brings peace & comfort (Isaiah 54:10). And while we weep with you now, we will rejoice with you very soon when He unites your family . :) Continued prayers...Lenita

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stacy, hugs!!! As cheesy as it sounds- hang in there. Please know that even though your heart is hurting you are one giant step closer to bringing Selah home for good. It's not easy, and this road is way longer than it should be, but we'll get you through it! I promise. I am here if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am crying as I read this. Leaving was something I didn't have to do, it was when one trip was still feasable, so my heart is aching, breaking for you!

    But as you know the only comfort is knowing that ssoon, very soon, you will be together forever, never having to say goodbye again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to Miss Selah! It must be excruciating to leave her but how wonderful that you were there for her birthday. I hope your paperwork goes super fast and you can pick up your little girl soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am weepy, too. Thank goodness Selah had you there to celebrate -- you'll be able to talk about those memories for years to come. We are praying that your paperwork flies along, Stacy -- we hope it is just a few weeks before you are back before the judge, and that you have your little girl home so soon thereafter. Safe travels, my friend. It will be amazing to have your other girls in your arms in just a short time, and those hugs will surely help get you through the next few weeks. Virtual hugs from me, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I pray in only a few weeks you will be back, it had to be so hard to leave her, I can't imagine.((hugs)) One bright spot is knowing you are at the next step, only TWO steps away from her coming home for good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so hope it goes by quickly for you....you've said good bye more then a Mama should and I can only imagine how it feels. 3 times of goodbyes for me was heartbreaking. More hugs from me and Gods speed back to your sweet little girl.
    Love, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh man Stace, Selah is so smart. She DID know.
    Praying for a quick fast court date so you can bring her home. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete