Saturday, September 4, 2010

Super Saturday

We had a great day (minus not being able to see Selah). We slept late for the first time, got up. Lounged around, got ready and met our Attorney, Facilitator and the BH director of the Chilik (BH outside of almaty 300 km from the city) Orphanage. This specific BH is a new one for Two Hearts that we have gained since being on this trip. They asked for our help to purchase a new refrigerator and some pampers. It houses 47 children ages birth to 5. Out of the 47 children 31 are severe special needs. Down syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, Cleft Lip/Palate (very severe cases), Sever Heart Defects, Hydrocephaly, spina bifida. They needed a new refrigerator to keep the medicine in. Right now they can not keep their medicine in the BH because the Refrigerator went out. The Chief Director just happened to be in the city this morning and met us for lunch. It is truly AMAZING the doors that can open with prayer! I wish everyday that Kim could be here with me to see the amazing things Two Hearts is doing! Together, We ARE making a difference!!!Without the support, love and prayers of many of you, we could not make a difference!! I am praying Kim comes back with me on trip 3. Our facilitator promised to take us to Chilik on one of our next visits.



After she left we had a meeting with our attorney and signed our official documents to be submitted to the courts. It was very exciting to here our petition in writing! Hopefully our papers will be submitted this week, that is what our facilitator is hoping for. She also told us that she is hoping and praying that we are home by Thanksgiving!! WOOHOO, it is getting shorter by the day! BUT I am not getting my hopes up high because I know how things can change in the blink of an eye here! Keep up the prayers, they are working!!



Brad and I went for about a 3 1/2 hour walk after our meeting. Up the hill, down the hill, up the hill, down the hill. It is only about 65 today and absolutely Beautiful! We bought a movie and the local store, hopefully it is in English! LOL and now we are in for the night getting ready to eat Rotisserie chicken and potatoes! Yummy.



For those of you reading that were on the mission trip, I forgot to tell you Olga came and cooked for us Tuesday night. Monty w/ salsa, Chicken, Mashed potatoes, and Greek Salad. It was so good!! We are also meeting Bakit, Gulmira, Dastan, Olga and her husband for dinner on Monday! I will take lots of pics! Olga told me to tell everyone hello from her!





Prayer Requests: Quick court date, Quick court date, Quick court date and Safe travels home Wednesday!! Selah and her Mommy's heart (mostly Selah), her health and safety until we are reunited as a forever family! All of our girls at home!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man...I wish I could be there too! :D I am so proud of you & Two Hearts, it is incredible how God is using Two Hearts to change the Kazakh orphans lives. I love seeing the pictures, the safety pin cracks me up!

    How wonderful that you get to see everyone again, tell them hi for me. DO you think Olga would give some of her recipes? Better yet sneak her home. :) I miss her cooking.

    ReplyDelete