Thursday, September 2, 2010

What a day...a great birthday indeed!

What a day it has been. We woke up and got to video skype the girls :)). Love it. It is so nice to see their faces! We headed to the BH and on the way I got car sick. Didn't actually get sick but my stomach has been upset since. We stopped to get Bananas for the kids and got stuck in between about 200 sheep trying to turn at the baby house road. I actually got video of it. When we got there we had all of the older children come sit on the rug to get a banana. I know the pictures do not do it justice to how sad it is to watch them eat these bananas. If Brad would let me I would bring them ALL home!! And for those of you that know me good, you know I am not kidding :))



We had a quiet day with Selah, we stayed inside because it was misty and rainy a little. She loves to play in the toy room on the 2nd floor. I am pretty sure they never get to play in there so it is all new to her. She was miss attitude today. She threw at least 3 tantrums. The first was over Brad's glasses, he wouldn't let her play with them. The second was when I made her go to the bathroom and the third was when I took her doll from her to put her back pack on. Brad and I looked at each other and laughed, or course where she couldn't see us. I am glad she feels comfortable enough with us to be a "real" kid. Not a robot like they are all trained to be. Ask me in 6 months if I still think its funny. LOL





We discussed how different it is going to be to bring a toddler home. In MANY MANY ways we love it better but there are some things that are going to be harder. Many things will be harder. She has been a robot her whole life. 3 years with no Mommy and Daddy, Brother (in law) and Sisters. She doesn't even know what a Grandma and Grandpa are. She has no idea what it is like to live in a loving family. We are ready and our "extra patient" hats are on.





I was laying on the floor today and she came and laid down by me, leaned over a gave me a kiss. It was so sweet. She was also pretty much a Daddy's girl today. She has a ride on toy that she rocks on and Brad taught her if she put her legs up, he could push her fast. It was so cute everytime she got near him she would put her legs up and he would push her and she would Laugh. Another wonderful thing that happened today was when her God mom asked her where her Momma was she pointed to me. Usually when her God mom asks her she points to her God mom. It was the best birthday gift ever!





We left a little early from the BH so we could go to Zhanyua to see the kids and the playground. Edick met us at the gate. We headed in and all of the little kids were playing on a bouncy house. Some of them immediatley recognized me and ran over. Madina, my sweet precious angel that will never have a home because she is Uzbek and was put across the Kazakh border. No way to change her citizenship so she sits here. Natasha, my little sweety that has Fetal alcohol syndrome. Christina, Marcus, I could go on and on. We played there for while and then we headed to the playground. There was a group of older kids on it but before I could take any pictures they were gone. So I had Brad and Edick pose by it :)). Most of the older kids were in school or playing a soccer game. It was surreal standing at the bottom of the slide looking at all of the marks and proof that this playground is used often, knowing that Two Hearts and the MANY MANY people that support us made it happen!!





The water filtration system has turned out to be a bigger job than we could have ever imagined. The building is at least 75 years old and the pipes are rusted and crumbling apart when they are trying to attach the filtration system to it. After talking to Kim we decided that we had to rdo anything that needed done so these children can have clean water. So today they had to go and purchase new pipes for the places that we are installing them. Once the pipes (which is hopefully tonight) are replaced they will start installation on the filters. They are hoping to have the cafeteria done first since that is where all of the food is prepared. I will keep you posted on how that is going! We are hoping to see progress before we leave. The best part about that is we come back 2 more times (not saying that is good but you know what I mean) and we can take pictures and see how the system is working.

Brad and I went to eat at the American Bar and grill for supper. We had burgers and they are actually really good. We are now in for the night. Have a good Day America!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect way to spend your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful for this special birthday, Stacy. Thanks for sharing your Selah time with us, with all the realities of challenge and endearment! The first thing I check each morning is for emails from my own daughters and then I go directly to your website and Erin's. :) Please let Brad know that another man received his dvd yesterday when Joe and I were sharing with him...one more to pray into God's family. :) Hugs and prayers as always....Lenita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a perfect birthday to me!!! I am so enjoying reading your blog and all the great work God has done thru you, so proud to be your friend. Can't wait for girls night out to get more scoop.I saw your mom and girls briefly at dance, said hi to Addie they all seemed good. Love Ya

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful birthday! You are doing such great things Stacy. It warms my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do i need to bake more cakes to pay for those pipes? Oh man, it must make your heart expand 100 times over to see all the good 2 Hearts has done. Again, I feel so honored to be your friend. That sounds so hokey, i know.

    I am so glad you got to see the kiddo's at Zhanuya again. It breaks my heart imaging the kids scarfing the bananas down at Karakstek. I remember how they were eating so fast they were gonna get sick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful birthday! My heart is full knowing that these kids recognize you, that you get to bring something special to their lives that they would otherwise never have, however at the same times it breaks knowing they will never know more. Better to know a bright light like you than only darkness.

    Sorry I'm a day late, but happy birthday! Sending lots of thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete