Sunday, September 5, 2010

Last weekend in Kaz for awhile..

Hopefully not too long! :))

We enjoyed our Sunday. We didn't get to go to a church service but we had a devotional time together. We didn't have a way to get anywhere so we had it right here at home. We got up and made fried eggs, hashbrowns and toast (in a fry pan-no toaster). We have figured out once again how we as Americans are so spoiled! We have something that does everything for us. Here we have no dryer (so our clothes are crunchy), no toaster, we have no dishwasher no oven (that works), not automatic igniter on the cooktop (we use matches), no real mattress (just a piece of spongy thing on a box spring), no car (our feet get us everywhere we need to go as it does for most others), no T.V. (in English) and no fast food (anywhere!) . It think that is it, I am sure I forgot something. I am not complaining about how it is here, in LOTS of ways they have something on us. Really I believe we, as a culture, are spoiled. Being here makes me appreciate what we have so much more. Most people here would give their arms to be Americans! We need to be proud to be Americans. Yeah I know not everything is perfect but compared to what it could be, we live pretty darn good!

I had my first real melt down last night, missing the girls, knowing that I am leaving Selah. It is hard and I know some of you have done but 3 weeks is too long to be away from your children. I am hoping that my time away from Selah goes fast and that my girls at home completely recover from their mommy and Daddy being gone this long. I found out that Addi has been crying at night in her bed alone (someone always goes to check on her and she is silently crying-she is fine after a little bit-I thank GOD everyday that so many caring people have been around her loving on her when she needs it) and Haven is acting out (more than usual LOL) with biting and being mean. I am sure they will be fine, I know they will but it is hard for mommy to know I can't comfort them when they need it. Then I thought of Selah looking out the window for us after we leave, forget it. I had a good cry and today I am better. I knew it was only a matter of time before I broke down!

We walked for about 4 hours again today. We have seen alot of dumpster diving and today we finally realized that when the people take there things to the trash, if it is something that is still good, they hang it on a tree in a bag. So when we left after dropping something off, we took a bag of stuff down (apples, the rest of the chicken, and some bread). When we got home about 2 hours later, it was gone. The poverty around here is staggering.

We are now in for the night, prepping to see our girl tomorrow! We are going to watch a movie. We ate russian pancakes with jam and peaches for dinner, since we had a big lunch! Tuesday we are hoping that the BH lets us bring cupcakes and juice to celebrate Selah's birthday with her and the children before we leave. It is not to far off and I am sure we will miss it. I am hoping for her birthday present we can give her a Mommy and Daddy! Goodnight friends!

1 comment:

  1. No better birthday present then a mommy or daddy and no better Christmas then to have her home.

    ReplyDelete